Aims of the workshop: to encourage interdisciplinary communication and collaboration of linguists, musicians and IT-specialists in the sphere of some actual problems, among which are the following:
1. Language and music acquisition; influence of music skills on language acquisition and language processing; influence of linguistic skills on music acquisition; relationship between music and language training.
2. Linguistic and music knowledge, their structure and functioning; explicit and implicit knowledge of music and language; similarities and differences in understanding of music and language.
3. Automatic classification of linguistic and music knowledge; formal models of linguistic and music knowledge; musical information retrieval vs. linguistic information retrieval.
This year special topics of the workshop are:
– Formal representation of language and music: differences and similarities
– Sound corpora in music and linguistics
Languages of the conference:
Russian & English (some sessions will be simultaneously translated)
- Saint Petersburg State University of Aerospace Instrumentation (SUAI)
- Laboratory of Formal and Computational Linguistics at SUAI
- Faculty of Humanities at SUAI
- Saint Petersburg State Conservatoire named after N.A. Rimsky-Korsakov
40,922 total views, 1 views today